Under the supervision of the volunteer and outreach coordinators the outreach volunteer will be responsible for supporting various research, administrative projects and day-to-day duties for the outreach, training and volunteer department. This position is ideal for an individual with strong communication, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills and most of all for someone who takes initiative and can work independently.
- Creating, requesting and organizing outreach materials for various events and speaking engagements e.g. fact sheets
- Researching resources on human trafficking and updating CAST’s website with materials, reports, books, films etc.
- Responding to requests for information and resources
- Working with grants and grantees
- Writing press releases
- Assisting with the annual event in June including online auction
- Promotion and oversight of monthly training webinars
- Organizing of speakers bureau
- Admin support including updating databases (TIMS and SAGE)
- Other duties as needed
- Experience in Microsoft Office user including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Sage
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience with handling phone calls, excellent phone manner and email correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledge of working with multicultural communities and women’s rights issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, honest communication, positive attitude and ability to carry a professional tone.
The hours for this position vary upon availability.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com